WARNING…WARNING…THIS IS A RANT…

This weekend Steve and I went to a catholic church in Grand Ledge for a baby baptism. Which is comical because the mom (father's not in the picture) isn't catholic. But the grandma is and she wanted the ceremony. Anyway…I noticed how dead the church was. it was so scripted. Everything had it's place and time. People said what they had to, when they had to. I looked around and saw that no one was getting fed. There were 3 kids in front, an altar boy and 2 girls. They looked bored. They could care less. It made me sad and it reminded me that this is why I fell away from the church.

Anyway…communion time came, which is always such an amazing time for a believer, or should be. So we got up and stood before the priest, and he just looks at me and says 'I hope you accept Jesus Christ into your heart'. That's it! And then shoed me away…I was totally taken aback, and as many of you know, because I lack words many times, all that came to mind was 'thank you' as I sulked away…with Steve following closely behind saying 'the bread was taken out of my hands!' Needless to say, we were pissed off and immediately walked out of the satans lair. Come to find out, Steve had the bread in his hands when the priest asked ' are you Catholic?' when Steve said no, the priest took the bread out of his hands! Can you believe that! The only thing that keeps me from running back to that church is the trial that will one day be in GOD's courts.

So here's my question…why do catholics think they can refuse a believer of Jesus Christ communion? Who are they to judge? How can a priest deny me what my SAVIOR has freely given? I pity the catholic church for what they stand for, for who believes in their doctrine, who stands behind their blasphemous priests and I especially I pray for the innocent children and blind followers. And the REAL question…how can you deny a true believer communion in one breath and baptize a child of a non-catholic in the next? Which doctrines will they chose today?

Comments

Anonymous said…
my jaw literally dropped while I read your blog....that's insane! I think if I was Steve I would've fought for it physically, snatchin it back out of the priests hands to see what he would've done.... and if he put up a struggle, I would wrestle with the priest to get it back, and I'd be saying "The battle has been won. Christ already has the victory...why are you resisting me?"...lol...sorry...I'm goin overboard, but I'm getting this funny visual in my head, and it's all I can do to get the ridiculous reality out of my head of what really happened.
Phoenix Rising said…
no, I know!! i told him he should've turned around and ran down the center isle laughing hysterically...flailing the wafer above his head…I think we were initially so flabbergasted and then the madness set in…flailing and yelling seems like a much better response though! :)

Popular Posts