Organizational advice

I'm junkie. I don't like it. I try really hard not to be, but I seem to be a clutter mongering junkie. I hate it. I try to change. I come up with grand ideas of how to be better organized and keep a cleaner more tidier house, but it never lasts. I go to my friends houses and they all seem to have tidy, clutter-free rooms. I'm embarrassed by mine. It's not a dirty thing. My house is clean. It's just cluttery. And it hasn't helped having Asher. It seems, whatever I pick up, he follows to empty. If I put his shoes away, he follows and throws them all out. Same thing with diapers, hats, washcloths...you name it. And he won't let me clean dishes, so I usually have to wait until he's sleeping to clean up the kitchen.

So I'm asking for advice. For all you mama's out there, what are your organizational secrets? How do you find the motivation and the time to keep things in their place? I'd really love some help in this area!

Comments

I HATE clutter. I grew up in a house that had so much clutter/ piles of paper/ etc. It changed me in a way where if there's clutter in my house, I have an anxiety attack. I force myself to de-clutter.
Phoenix Rising said…
But how??? I hate it too. I loathe it actually...but I just feel like it's a never ending struggle.
Mellie said…
If you find a solution do share! I have the same problem. My house isn't dirty, but there seems to be clutter everywhere.
ShannaKay said…
as to the dishes, have Asher help you. Juniper loves to "help". She's on the rinsing side and I'll wash. I give her a few things to wash (the non breakable stuff). Now, whenever I'm at the sink, even if I'm not doing dishes, she starts pulling at the chair and says, "disshes" :) As to clutter, I totally hear you! FlyLady.net is a good resource. Good Luck! I'm right along with you.

Popular Posts