Outraged by our society.



I don't want a debate. I don't mean to offend anyone with this post. This is just my raw emotion post.


My heart has been crushed today. And it should have been crushed months ago. We should have all known about the evils of Kermit Gosnell, an abortion doctor in Philly. A trial began on March 18th, but most people didn't hear anything about it, until it started going viral on facebook. And now news and posts about this ass is flooding walls, and reporters are posting about it. Google his name if you want the gory details. Here's a detailed article on the events. But be warned, it's brutal.


http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/04/why-dr-kermit-gosnells-trial-should-be-a-front-page-story/274944/


This man seems to be, in all intended purposes, an anti-christ. And there are so many wrongs to this story, or rather the stories of the many, many women....the many, many children. The "worst offense" was obviously the late term abortions and the fact that babies were born alive and viable, until he severed their spinal cord with scissors. But what about the board who granted this "doctor" his license? What about the deplorable conditions that gave women diseases? The deaths of women? The fact that people actually worked for this guy, saw women in pain, would drug women to the brink, saw severed infant body parts that Gosnell was keeping as souvenirs? What about the employees that killed infants? I can't wrap my brain around these people. There was one worker who had the sense to leave and called in a complaint to the local authorities, and even they didn't respond! The whole mess is confusing. Everything about it. As if they were all brainwashed to believe that this is OK.


I have to admit that I am pro-choice. I believe that a women should have a right to do with her body what she thinks is best. I could never have an abortion. No matter the circumstances, it would never happen. But I don't feel that we, as a people, should tell a women what to do with a child within her womb. Now, in saying that, in my own ignorance, I always thought a legal abortion was under 20 weeks. Because I have distanced myself from the debate, I'm just now finding out that in MI it's 24 weeks. Which, before I had Selah, I may have still been OK with. But Selah was 24 weeks when she passed. She was fully and perfectly formed. Arms, legs, hands, feet, delicate little eyes, ears, mouth and nose. She was perfect. I can't imagine that women abort that far along. My mind is reeling and I'm not sure where to plant my feet anymore. I don't agree on the timeframe. Though I still agree that a women should be able to choose....but at what timeframe should it fit in?


And even if there was a time frame, would we always have horriblly vile people such as Gosnell and all the people who worked for him? If laws change or abortion becomes totally illegal, wouldn't there be even more "clinics" like this one?


My heart just hurts. It's heavy and I'm appalled that this hasn't made national news. Why hasn't this come out? Why has it been a month since the trail began and we still haven't heard about it. We should have known about this months ago. Why is this OK? I read somewhere that if this was a mass killing of puppies, it would be all over the news. And they're right! These were babies! Some as old as 30+ weeks old. They had hair and were chubby. Why was this OK? Why did the workers think this was OK? How could anyone do this? I can understand one fucked up crazy, but what about his employees? Sorry about the language....I'm just at a loss. And though I don't want to bash the mothers here, I can't wrap my mind and heart around carrying a child within your womb for 30+ weeks, feeling them grow and kick and not wanting to wait 10 more weeks to bless a family with a child they would love and have been waiting for, but would rather watch them as they're born, hear them scream and then watch as a doctor stabs the back of their neck with a rusty pair of scissors to cut their spinal cord, ending in their death.


I'm sickened. I think we all should be. This should never have happened. There should have been something that stopped these murders, somewhere down the line. And we, as a nation should have heard about it. Our priorities are severely messed up if Annette Funicello and Jonathon Winters are at the top of our news stories rather than the killing of over 100 babies. What is wrong with us as a society? Who would do this? I'm just so sad right now. We talk about the cruelties that other counties lay out over their citizens...look around people. Stop looking for hate and cruelty in other counties...look here. It surrounds us.


I keep thinking about all the ridiculous Mickey Mouse pictures that littered facebook walls a few days ago. The one where his head was bowed in mourning for the loss of Annette Funicello. Who's crying for all the babies that were left to die or suffered at the hands of horrible people? Who's going to post a memorial for the 100+ babies murdered in this clinic? Where's Mickey now? I'm outraged.

Comments

Popular Posts