spring and stewardship

Yesterday was another sunny warm day. Beautiful! Spring is amazing, isn’t it? I enjoy watching the landscape change. The birds return, the warm breeze feel so nice hitting your face and shoots of green buds peek through the gray grass, waiting to bloom. It reminds me how powerful and renewing GOD is. GOD takes what is dead and gives it life again! With us all! Isn’t that amazing. No matter what we have done in the past or what we’ll do in the future, as long as we repent with a sorrowful heart and accept HIS son as our Savior, HE will give us life from our death. Amazing.

In this newness, I was reminded about what’s to come. Fertilizer…you see it everywhere. The trucks carrying all those chemicals, driving down your road. Your neighbor outside with the push sprinkler, sprinkling green or white pellets all over his lawn. Last year I looked out the window to take in the afternoon sun, only to see that same neighbor sprinkling chemicals on Steve’s wonderfully ORGANIC green lawn. The kicker…he was just being a nice neighbor. What can you say? Obviously I’m against this. GOD made this land the way HE wanted it. Why does man always think he can do it better?

Do you ever think about children or friends or you, walking barefoot of a chemically enhanced lawn? I have a friend who fertilizers all the time. I asked him last year if he thought GOD didn’t know what HE was doing when he created the earth. He responded ‘I’m just helping HIM out, I can make it look better, I’m being a good steward.’ hhhmmmmmm….a good steward?

Comments

Popular Posts