Is our food killing us?

So, I must admit. I'm on a journey, a journey for optimal health. I'm searching for answers that will keep me healthy and although it's hard to change and at times, hard to let go of that comfort food, I feel it's a must. In my journey I've read 2 books; Patient Heal Thyself and The Makers Diet. Amazing books that I highly recommend. Although I'm very disappointed that the nutritional supplements, which are talked of so highly in the books are so astronomically pricey. BUT…nonetheless, the information is life changing. And I've found a cheap site…www.vitacost.com A great site to find cheap organic essentials like burts bees and other goodies!

I've been realizing all the junk I put into my body…all the chemicals, hormones, and more silent health destructors like sugar…It's really sad. The US seems to be filled with the unhealthiest, chunkiest and disease ridden people…so many are overweight, have diabetes, cancer, stomach problems, colon problems, thyroid disease…the list goes on and on; so the question is why? Why are we the most unhealthiest? Yeah, we have the most fast food and we eat way to much, but we also have the all the folks on the newest fad diets and work out junkies. So, that brings me back to the food debate. With our freezers and refrigerators packed with weight loss frozen dinners and low - no fat, low carb foods, why are we still fat and sick? Hmmmm…

Our food is loaded with crap. Crap that causes disease and what's sad is that so many people are completely unaware. People look at packaging and see words like 'healthy', 'whole wheat', nutritious'…but they're usually not. If you flip the package over and read the ingredient label you see it's loaded with enriched flours, high fructose corn syrup or chemically derived sweeteners like splenda, and nutra sweet. Weight loss foods are notorious for this. Something we think is healthy is anything but! It's so scary. Do we really know what these sugar alternatives are?? Splenda says it's made from sugar…but if it doesn't have the caloric count that sugar has…IT WAS MODIFIED!! How was it modified? I heard a few months ago that the UK won't approve splenda because it causes cancer. And yet I see it everywhere I go….Another concern…is our milk supply. Did you know that our cows live in completely deplorable conditions and because of this they're pumped full of antibiotics to keep them 'healthy' and then to increase their production they're given RBGH, bovine growth hormone. Currently the US is having a problem with antibiotic resistant bacteria…I wonder why…and what exactly does this RBGH do? A breast feeding mother is told not to take certain drugs, drink caffeine or drink diet soda…but yet we're injecting drugs into our milk source and then feeding it to our children…I watched The Corporation last night A MUST SEE!!, the UK AND Canada doesn’t allow cows to be injected by RBGH. Again, because of all the problems it causes. But the US does. Makes ya think…Why is the US allowing all of these chemicals to be introduced into our food supply?

We need to take back our food! We need to take back our health! I know it’s expensive to go organic. I know it's inconvenient to drive to the lone natural food store on the other end of town, but I implore you to change your eating habits. Read these books and be informed. Another excellent book is 'What Would Jesus Eat'. This book goes into depths to explain food processes in the US. From oil processing (which includes toluene) to meat processes that may make you turn into a vegetarian. Get informed and know what's in your food. Read ingredient labels and reject chemicals and hormones in our food supply.



  • http://www.thecorporation.com/debate

  • http://www.wdm.org.uk

  • http://www.foxbghsuit.com

  • http://www.foodsafetynow.org

  • http://www.eatwellguide.org
  • Comments

    Popular Posts