Jay Bakker


Posted by Hello

I can still remember all the jokes made of Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker in the late 80's? And of course, even as a young teenager, I remember judging the family. I knew nothing of the Bakkers, really. Other than what I picked up from elders around me or on TV. But this last few weeks, I've had a huge wake up call. A few years ago I started following Jay Bakkers ministry in Atlanta, Revolution. I've never been to Revolution but when I heard of them through a friend I had to check out the website.

  • www.vivalarevolution.org

  • I was immediately taken by the rawness of the ministry. Religion Kills is a major theme and seeing how corrupt religion can be, this belief truly took root in my life. A few weeks ago I picked up the book 'Son of a Preacher Man', Jay's autobiography. What an amazing read. I recommend everyone pick it up. I'm not going to talk much about it because I want you to read it. But what I learned though reading it, is how much I have not only judged in the past but how much I continue to judge people and just how much judgement can destroy joy.


    We're brought into this world to unconditionally love. Love all people, all races, all shapes and sizes…yet we don't. We live in a constant state of judgement. The Bakkers and countless others have been judged for years. People screw up. We all do. Whether it be big or small, televised or not. We all screw up. Who are we to judge? Why is it so hard to say, 'ya know what, you screwed up and you need to fix it. But I still love ya and I forgive you.' Why is that so hard? And not only do we hold resentment for the one person that screwed up, we tend to then resent the whole family, because ya know if 1 person screws up, the rest of the family are failures too. What is wrong with this world?

    We're suppose to forgive! Walk with CHRIST; not judge because you think this way or that. All four of the Bakkers are leading people to CHRIST. Isn't that what it's all about?? The Bakkers are loving people unconditionally. Even after all the crap they've been dealt, they still unconditionally accept people. Maybe we should stop judging and start looking though the eyes of GOD. Maybe then, we would finally start to see the love in the world, rather than continuing to sink in the quicksand of hate.

    Jim, Tammy Fay, Tammy Sue and Jay, Thank you for rising from the ashes and showing people the true love of GOD. Thank you Jay for your messages, they're life changing. I pray you continue to be lead by the Spirit and I thank you for letting GOD lead you through your book, so HE could show me my own sin. The sin of Judgement.

    Comments

    Popular Posts