so you wanna be a road biker?


Who would have thought that I would enjoy road biking? Certainly not me. So my legs ache a bit and my knees want to give out every time I stand, my shoulders and biceps hurt, don’t ask me why, and my unmentionablez hurt in areas I never thought could hurt…but, I still had fun. If you don’t know…Steve somehow talked me into a tour called the MS 150. In the winter, I thought no problem, we'll jump on the saddle and bike every weekend and this won't be a problem. OK…so we went to maybe 5 spinning classed this winter and I went on 2 rides this spring…needless to say, I am completely out of shape. But still with every try to escape this tour, Steve encouraged me to go. I thought that maybe I'd strive for 40 miles a day, but I made it 44 the first day and 61 the second and I find myself asking…when do we get to go again. Am I crazy? It was hot and muggy and I can't express to you how many dead animals I not only saw but smelled, I almost fell off my bike twice, which wouldn't have been nice since I'm attached to my pedals and it was painful, but I still want to go again. I am crazy. I'm searching for a new bike...

Comments

Popular Posts