Let the SON shine down (version 2)

the feeling of being broken has always been a 2 edged sword. The feeling of 'why is this happening' mixed with 'what will I learn' and 'what will happen next'…is such a daunting feeling. But I wanted to share a bit because I've just been taught a huge lesson.

Relationships are so easy yet so difficult at the same time. Most times I'll be walking down the road thinking things are fine but then I trip, and land smack dab on my face. It's scary. For those of you who know us well, you know we struggle with certain things…which I'm not going to talk about, but my life is open, so if you want to talk, email me. For those who don't know, we have a completely honest relationship (most times). We freely talk about struggles and failures and everything. We seemed to have it under pretty great control…but then failure came on a cold night in March. It rocked me. The truth was told and it sliced through. My insecurities went ramped and I shut down, and as I shut down, so did our communication. We both fought insecurities and failed miserably while all along, satan walked right next to us telling us lies…so here we are in July…not so honest. Not honest, because of not wanting to hurt the other, as we listened to satans ploys.

So this is what happened. I made goals, had expectations…(yes, I've talked about these 2 evils before…see entry on 29 June). And when those expectations didn't pan out, what else did I have other than my insecurity? So I broke. And how did this help my partner cope with failure? It made him not want to be honest because he didn't want to hurt me. Which then quickly helped our relationship to crumble…underneath all the love, it was crumbling ~ and we were completely unaware. Until it all came out on a sticky July morning… lies. Lies upon lies upon lies. Covering 1 thing. Sin. The same sin that us hurt last time and because he didn't want to hurt me, he lied. Because he lied, his sin was no longer accountable. Because he lied, his guilt ate at him. Sin kills.

Ok…I know this is long, but I think it's important…please listen when I say that as hard as it is to do so, we have to give all things to GOD. In relationships, we have to place our insecurities at the cross and be supportive and forgiving of people. No expectations. We WILL fail. It's inevitable. There is only 1 perfect person, and that is JESUS CHRIST.

If there is one thing I have learned it’s 'love wins'. Unconditional love wins. No expectations, no deception, just pure, open, forgiving and accepting love. It's hard because we all are selfish. But it's time to put away the selfish desires and simply love others.

And for those of you who care…our relationship is stronger than ever.

Comments

Popular Posts