LIES

Lies ruin. Lies are whispered into our insecure ears from the evil one all throughout the day. Do you listen to them? Or do you place them at the foot of the cross?

My insecurities lie in a bed of lies. I've been lied to my entire life by people I love. I hate it. I hate not believing a thing anyone says to me. I hate looking into the eyes of the people I dearly love only to question every word they say. Maybe that's why I keep a distance. My life is an open book. To anyone, I can tell them my story, my sin. That's just me. I don't lie. I try to exaggerate at times but even that I fail at and by the end of the conversation, I'm saying 'well…maybe it didn't happen to that extent…' so why do people lie to me? I'm accepting. I'm forgiving.. and yet people still lie.

I've always wondered where and when did they start and where do they end. Will they end? I hurt. Lies are like a virus…so concealing as it lies in wait to infect you and before you know it, it's running ramped throughout your entire body. I understand why people lie but I don't understand why people who I'm close with lie to me. People lie so they won't hurt someone or so they can hide their insecurities behind them. People think by not telling the truth, they're in essence keeping their loved one from feeling pain. But I wish people would embrace the knowledge that lies will be revealed by the light, and in the long run, they hurt so much more than the truth. And what's more is if they don't have faith in the person they're with to handle the truth, how can they have faith in their relationship?

Comments

Popular Posts