WHO DO YOU PLEDGE YOUR ALLEGIANCE TO?

I was asked this weekend, whom I pledge my allegiance to, which was an easy answer for me…GOD. But then I starting thinking… remember in elementary school reciting the pledge of allegiance? Which still baffles me…I mean people having a problem with prayer in school but they have no qualms about pledging to a country…but I digress…

So here it is for reflection…

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Why are we 'trained' to pledge our allegiance to a flag and to a nation??? And in looking at the pledge, both the flag and the nation are above GOD…

So then I thought, what else am I pledging my allegiance to? What else do I place above GOD?

Comments

Popular Posts