this is hodgepodge i know…welcome to my mind…always going and never being able to translate it into something eloquent…ohh well, read if you wish, just more ramblings.

where's that line and how do you find it? i try to always be pushing the envelope without going too far, which i fail at, but hey, at least i try right? but how do ya find that line. i want to keep social justice issues on the forefront of my life. it's 2-fold really, # 1. to keep others thinking about things...but the second reason is solely about me, to remind me to keep it in the forefront of my own life. we all get stuck in our comfort. as americans we have such an abundance of everything that it's so ridiculously easy to take things for granted. but i find myself wondering how i gently remind people about all the suffering in the world without going too far. i think as believers it's always such a slippery slope. how do we stand up for our beliefs without going too far? or why do we support something, that in the Godly scheme of things, really just doesn't matter, or even more, who do we call our friends? are we surrounding ourselves solely with 'christians' and 'christian beliefs'? i constantly have to check up my life, evaluate my friends and my latest mission statement…am i being too loud?

i just remembered what was at the top of my blog...see! i have to remind myself everywhere i go. i have to do everything i can not to get comfortable...

i'm still comfortable...

Comments

Popular Posts