selfish brat

this weekend we're having some missionaries stay at my house. we don't know them or even what they do, we just had a friend ask of they could stay. so among trying to find a location for the reception, moving me completely out of my house and getting it ready to sell, and of course the ONE service at riv and visiting with the Psalters on Sunday, we're having guests. and although i was cool about them staying and excited to hear about their ministry, in that back of my head i just kept on thinking 'man, what bad timing. there is so much to do. why do they have to come this week?'. wa wa wa...selfish little brat, crying baby i was...in my head, but still, none-the-less it's what was going through my mind. so as i was showering today, and thinking about what had to be done before they arrive and of course what a bad time this is, God tapped on my little selfish shoulder and said, kim, how can this be bad timing when it's my timing?

i love that. in such a gentle way, He can make me realize how much of a clot i am and at the same time learn how to change, so that hopefully, i won't be such a selfish little brat, crying baby. He could have whapped me upside the head and called me a feverish clot. but instead, He allowed me to enjoy my shower while teaching me a gentle lesson. although i think i deserved the whap upside the head! i'm such a selfish brat!

Comments

Popular Posts