just another spitting image of myself

i've been seeing myself in others lately. not who i am today but who i used to be. i can only attribute it to the Holy Spirit, helping me understand where others are coming from and i guess how to interact with them, and .maybe in time, to show them that there's another way.

i was so angry with 'christians' in my youth/ early 20's. i thought they were all a bunch of idiots...seriously. i loathed them at times. i didn't know where they were coming from, i thought their beliefs where a bunch of phooey and i couldn't understand how and why they believed what they believed I mean , come on! couldn't they see what i saw? couldn't they see that they're following a bunch of lies spewed out by hypocrites? Ahhh, yes, this is how I felt.

today, i was eating lunch with 2 work friends (who are believers) and another work person (not so much a believer). and we were just talking about tv n other VERY important issues...when all of a sudden, the non-believing co-worker starts talking about how all the gospels totally contradict one another...floored, i asked if she could explain what she meant and give examples...which she couldn't. come to find out she has been reading a book and because i don't think she really understood what the book was talking about, she couldn't give examples or even explain what she meant by saying the gospels contradict each other. and then she just blurted out that she thinks it's scary that people base their faith on stories that are fiction.

and although i tried to talk to her about all of this, i could tell, she was pissed off...she didn't understand where i was coming from. she thought i was an idiot for believing this 'fiction' book. she wouldn't listen, didn't want to, didn't believe me and was just totally closed off.

i find it amazing how God works...number one how He can forgive such a selfish ~ spoiled little brat like myself and two, how He can change me so much that He can actually use me by placing people in my life who are exactly how i used to be, so i can relate to them...all the while teaching me at the same time...kinda cool

i hope a day comes, where she'll start seeing the difference in me and that maybe her wall will crumble a bit…i know all i can do is wait patiently and lovingly, because someday, she may just realize that all that bitterness and anger can just melt away, just as i did…that day would be an amazingly brilliant day.

Comments

Popular Posts