breaking through the muck

it still amazes me what a small world the christian community is. in so many ways, i feel it's such a condescending, judgmental society and yet just when i've had about as much as i can take, Jesus pops up out of the muck. cleaning even more of that gunk off the community. what a wonderful sight to see the sun cut through the darkness. to feel His warmth and sense His acceptance.

i think it's funny really. we're all in this big melting pot. stewing in the fallen one's brew. trying to be righteous but failing miserably each day. and just the same as it only takes one stinker to make the room smelly...it only takes one ray of sunshine to make all things bright.

it makes me remember that everyday, my actions and my words affect everyone i come into contact with. and i have a choice. i have have a choice to make a positive footprint or a negative one. and although i will continue to forget this moment, I hope y'all will keep me accountable because i want to make a positive footprint.

I want to see Jesus in all things and in all people. I want to look into the face of a big stink and see my Savior. How i'm going to do that, i have no idea. guess i'm embarking on a personal mission. but i'm taking the first step now with a prayer

dearest Lord, may i see You today and everyday in the person of Your sick, and whilst nursing them, minister unto you. though You hide Yourself behind the unattractive disguise of the irritable, the exacting, the unreasonable, may i still recognize You and say 'Jesus, my patient, how sweet it is to serve You!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great blog. Your "mission" will be worth the effort. I love your hunger for Jesus. I pray that God will grant you your request and give you His peace.

A brother in the Lord,
PV
pastorvaughn.blogspot.com

Popular Posts