management

growing up i always thought that management was there to help you do your job. now i realize just how backwards it is. but i still can't comprehend it. i wish i wanted to manage people so i could show them how to do their jobs. which i know sounds so completely disrespectful, but i think it's time. i watch tv show the office, aand think, as most folks do, 'that's the management team that surrounds me'. it represents every personality. it's scary. this is my second job now that although i'm not management, i have to tell management what to do. which you've guessed it, doesn't work. but still, for some reason unbeknownst to me, i guess there's no other way to do it. so i continue to push on. writing plans i have no idea what i'm writing about or if i'm even planning appropriately, but that's my job. my job is to do everyone elses job when they don't want to do it. which is scary, since i'm writing clinically based plans with no clinic background, or nuclear plans with no nuclear radiation background.

ohhh...back to managers, sorry... i find it extremely discouraging to have managers approve something without reading it, telling me to do it myself, or just ignore my requests for help. where does this come from. i thought managers were suppose to manage, support, lead. where is my leader? why do they step back and watch others poop on you without doing anything about it? i just don't get it.

Comments

Do you read Dilbert? I think you would relate.

Popular Posts