sin shoes

the past month has been rough with temptations. i haven't fallen, but the lure is there and at times it's pretty intense. today as i was driving back to work i all of a sudden got this word picture in my head of high heels. so let me preface, this is kinda a girly description...i wear sandals, birks and fernands. all super flat. although i do have a few pairs of semi lofty heels, i've never been able to master them. but it's when i think i've mastered them and start strutting my stuff, feeling secure in my new heels, that my ankle caves and i trip.

here's my point. my temptations are like high heels. they're alluring. i want to wear them but i don't want to fall. and though i try to fight the urge to put them on, sometimes i cave. the minute i put them on, my ankle gives and i trip. and then throughout the day, even though i want to conquer these heels, just like i want to smash my temptations, the longer i wear them the more shaky i feel.

i can go months without wearing heels. and yet the minute i put them on and trip, i'll feel shaky for weeks and for some reason, even though i don't want to trip anymore, i want so badly to put them on again.

Comments

Popular Posts