quandary

**mood:poopy
**noise:the clinic

have you ever had a relative or close acquaintance go in for a lip kiss when saying your greetings or farewells? do you kiss your immediate family on lips as a greeting or farewell? how does it make you feel. is it just something you've always done? does it ever make you feel uncomfortable. what do ya do if you do feel uncomfortable about it. the quick turn of the head works sometimes, but there are also times when the person is adamant about the lip kiss and almost force you into it.

I don't like it. and I'm a very affectionate person. I'm a very hands on, touchy feely, huggy person. I even enjoy a cheek kiss or the European 'I'm going to act like I'm kissing you on the cheek, but really I'm just kissing the air' kiss. but the lip kiss…shouldn't that be reserved for my husband? maybe my kids? there's something about kissing someone that I'm either not married to or blood related to that just seems a bit yucky.

so how do I handle it? how do I avoid it? if I say something, I may offend someone. but if I don't say something, I'll continue to get a yucky feeling in my stomach every time I see off or greet them. it's got to be something that's ingrained within them. maybe they've done it their whole life. it probably started with their parents…but it's so uncomfortable for me. I mean, I would never go up to one of my close friends and lay one on their lips. that would take some guts! does anyone out there deal with this sticky situation?

Comments

Anonymous said…
i'll be sure to smooch you when i see you next ;) that's if our bellies will allow...
hmm...keep trying to turn the cheeck?

Popular Posts