lessons

i am continued to be amazed at how many people our little girl has touched and how much she is teaching us all. a dear friend of my posted this on her blog today. i felt that it's just another example of how Jorai has changed someones life. so i felt a sudden urge to respond, which is something i haven't done since the Jorais' birth.
a beautiful friend of mine lost her baby girl...and it has reminded me again that children are gifts that God entrusts us to take care of and look over, but they are HIS children more than they are ours. as a mother, realizing that stings in part...but it also brings me peace. if they are after all His children, isn't He always looking over them? if they are no longer in this world, isn't He taking care of them better than we could ever dream of? as parents here on earth we are unable to meet all of their needs. we cannot shelter them from all of the pain this world has to offer. children don't ever suffer when they are in the arms of Jesus.
i know your mama misses you, baby girl, but i am glad that you won't ever have to experience all of the hurts down here on earth. tell Jesus to send your mama some peace with a side of joy. she needs it...
my response:
you made me cry, both tears of sorrow for my little girl and tears of joy reminding me that Jorai's now in Jesus' arms. thank you for thinking of us.

isn't it cool to think that such a little girl has touched all of our lives? i wanted so much to see her grow and watch how she touched this world. but what i'm realizing is that she never needed to be in this world to touch the people in it. she has changed our lives so drastically for the better and i see her healing touch in those around us as well.

what an amazing little girl steve and i had. i can't wait to meet her one day so i can hold her and kiss her and say thank you my sweet, precious child. you have taught me so much and i have loved you all of my days
i can't express to you enough how amazing this has been to watch. my sorrow at times is all consuming, but to see all the love and lessons that have come out of this is beautiful. to know that Jorais' passing didn't go in vain, revives me. to see how many people she has affected and changed inspires me.

she truly is an amazing little girl.

Comments

Anonymous said…
did i ever tell you that i think that jorai mae is the most beautiful name for a little girl that i have ever heard?

Popular Posts