losing weight is ironic. i had my 6 week follow-up yesterday. i have lost 19 pounds since 2 days after having Jorai. 19 pounds! you would think that i would have noticed it. 19 pounds is huge. i know some of it was water weight ad such, but 19 pounds? i have a fake fat glob that represents 5 pounds of fat. it's pretty big. i lost 4 of those, yet i still can't squeeze my baby back and front into pants. i have been upstairs for an hour trying on my 'professional' clothes, hoping that something would fit for my interview on thursday. nothing fits.

i gained 20 pounds within 7 months of pregnancy. i've lost 19. how can i still not squeeze myself into anything? oye. as much as i don't want to, i think i need to run out and buy something. i find it cruel that i used to try to lose weight all the time before pregnancy and now after birth, i can lose 19 pounds in 6 weeks (i know, it wasn't healthy...don't yell) and still not squeeze into anything. i'm tired of wearing the same 2 skirts and 3 shirts.

in other news. everything was fine at the doctors. she is encouraging us to try to conceive again. i was put on a new vitamin with a side kick of DHA. so that's cool. everything with me looks good and the autopsy of the placenta and umbilical cord didn't find any thing that we didn't already know. there was a rupture in the cord. period. no explanation, which i guess is good. just a fluke. the placenta and the rest of the cord looked healthy. the doctor said the chances of this happening again is minimal. yet it is minimal in all pregnancies...so that doesn't ease my concern. but i can't let my anxiety rule my world. i have to trust that God will provide and give what He wants us to have and learn. we can't stop trying. and i can only pray that one day we will be blessed with a screaming, rambunctious child.

also, in a bizarre crazy moment yesterday, i ran into an old high school friend
in the sal, whom i haven't seen in years. my heart dropped. well, maybe stopped. it was just so bizarre to have someone, that i use to be so close to, just reappear into my life out of the blue. i lost my thoughts. it was good seeing him. he's well. which is good. great actually. i worried he wouldn't be. lansing is such a big town yet it always amazes me who i run into out of the blue. although i lost my words, and forgot to tell him that i still have something of his that he asked me to keep safe back in '93, it was such a cool God moment to be reunited with a long lost friend and know, that even though i've seen him in misery, today he's healthy and clean and happy. super cool.

oh yeah, and a tree fell down towards our house yesterday. clipped the deck but missed the house. more to follow. but the trellis bench we were married under is now crumpled. fun times.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Who was it that your ran into out of the blue?
Me said…
Hmm... on the weight loss thing but still not fitting into pants, I've been watching one of my skinny-mini friends go down after the birth of her baby last fall. She's now below the weight she was pre-prego but just finally reshaping into her old mesaurements. Her doc told her everything shifts during pregnancy and it can take up to a year to resettle into its old place or the permanent new one.
I'm unsure of the truth of this, having never been slimish or pregnant, but I'm willing to bet someone who reads this can verify or debunk:)
Miss ya sister. You're loved.
Phoenix Rising said…
anonymous, email me who you are and if you know him, i'll tell ya. i have a link to my email adddress on the right side of my blog.
Anonymous said…
if I emailed you then I would seize to be anonymous. :-)

I was just curious, that's all.

Love your blog by the way.

Popular Posts