lessons learned

life is short. stop being such a scardy cat..

i've been hurt by a lot of girl friends in the past. when i got into college i stopped pursing girl friends, and i guess i just never started back up again. i mean, i have a few, but i keep them at a distance. being me of course, but guarding myself by not letting them fully in, not trusting them. and with new people, i just tend to stand back and see if they come to me. i don't take too much of a effort since by doing so i'd be putting myself out there for pain. but since losing Jorai, one of the many lessons i've learned is, life is short, enjoy the people around you.

in the past 3 months, i've become close with a few more girls. it's refreshing. i still find myself guarding my heart a bit. it's scary to be putting myself back out there, but i can't begin to tell you how blessed i feel to have such an amazing bunch of women in my life. it's so cool.

i love having girlfriends in my life.

Comments

heather j said…
I just went through a purge of girlfriends that continually hurt me. I was so afraid that I would never make any more friends that I kept holding onto the ones I felt I had to hold onto. At least for now I have completely removed myself from their circle. And amazingly enough I have started to make a few friends. Friends that seem to care about me. But it is hard to let go of that fear that the new friends will do that same.

I know I really enjoyed getting to know you working out at the Y :) And I have not been around over the past months, but I have prayed for you continuously. We need girlfriends and it is so hard to meet people today, that share the same values...and it is always a bonus when the hubbies get along :) Hopefully we can get together soon! We sure have missed getting together with you both.

Popular Posts