**mood:light headed
**noise:someone mowing their yard

the doctors appointment went well. everything looks good. my doctor rocks. she actually wants to write a book about prenatal loss both from the physician point of view and the parents. she asked me to be apart of it. i think that would be super cool. anyway, she said they will monitor me more closely, maybe every 3 weeks instead of 4 and as soon as they can do a ultrasound, they'll schedule it. it makes me feel both loved and watched over to be cared for so well. she isn't concerned with anything, she just wants me to feel comforted. i do.

she did want me to go to the lab for some blood work though. i just got back. something didn't go well. the tech inserted the needle and then moved it and i had a sharp pain through my arm. she them moved it again and i had another sharp pain. she finally took it out and tried a different size needle in my other arm...it worked. but my arm is still throbbing. and to top it off, the pain and looking at the needle almost made me pass out. my hearing went muffled and my sight went black. it wasn't good. something like this has never happened to me before. i had to put my head down and she got me some juice to chug. oye. now i'm nervous to go back. do you think the needle was to big? i've never had that sensation before. it felt like i was being shocked. not good.

Comments

ShannaKay said…
i doubt it was the needle. i used to be one of those people who had to draw blood. we weren't allowed to "dig" around if we missed the first time. we had to pull out of the arm and poke again. the tech probably just missed. i hope your arm is feeling better!
Suzanne Price said…
in all my years of being poked with a needle...i've found it is always the tech that caused the pain, not the needle. sorry you had a pooey experience. a tech should never dig around, whenever they do on me i ask them to try another vein and they usually get the idea. :)
Anonymous said…
Ditto what they said. They tech person obviously sucked! If you go back, make sure that you get someone else...
Jen

Popular Posts