steve and i are meeting with a doula on the 20th. my friends have said that it may be a good thing for us to have one at our birth. they may be able to relieve some of our anxieties and relax us. stephanie found one that offers free services to women who have gone through a loss like mine. what an amazing service. how beautiful. i'm not sure what having a doula actually entails...and i originally just wanted it to be steve and i at the birth...but i think this is a good thing. i can't wait to meet them.

so i'll be 10 weeks on monday. i past the 8 week milestone. so that's cool. i guess miscarriages decrease after the 8th week...of course it could still happen...but it's a milestone. so that's cool. also, the baby is no longer an embryo! we've now got a little fetus within me. so cool.

i'm feeling ok. still exhausted and a bit of nausea...heartburn and asthma...but it's a lot better than a few weeks ago. so that's good. i have another dr. appointment on wednesday...my nurse intake...so that's cool. hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks, i'l be able to hear the heartbeat. i'm excited about that.

so any way...just a quick note to say that all is well. i still haven't gained any weight...which is strange. i had already gained by this time with Jorai, but i know the baby is healthy and strong, so i'm not too worried. and i'm not complaining that i can still fit in all my clothes!

thanks for all your prayers!!! please keep them coming.

Comments

Mindy Richmond said…
Kim, I'm a friend of Dan & Heather's, and Steve probably remembers me from Visions (I'm a.k.a. Bug). In fact, I think the last time I saw Steve was at the hospital just after I came out of surgery. He was coming down the hallway as they wheeled me out and I think he came and said hello after that, though I was quite drugged and don't remember for sure.

Anyway, I just wanted to come out of the shadows (I've been lurking for some time now) and let you know that I am praying for you even though we've never met! I can't imagine what you have both been through but your post today sounds very positive. I think a doula is a great idea!

By the way, my sister didn't gain weight at the beginning of her pregnancy and she has a healthy baby girl now. Every pregnancy is different so you have to be careful not to compare this one to the previous or even to others' experiences. I'm hoping and praying for you that everything goes well.

~Mindy

Popular Posts