grocery shopping

i'm a kroger shopper. i used to think that the were a bit higher at times and they seem not to have a great selection...but that's where i go. i do like meijer, but i cannot stand the south cedar one. it's always a zoo and it seems the prices are high and the people are rude. but i kept hearing to give it a go during the day. i heard that it wasn't as busy and they have a decent supply of organics. they do have a decent supply of organics, but they're expensive and the store is crammed. i was walking through that store this morning, trying my hardest to shop and i felt so rushed because people were shoving me out of the way, i just about ran out screaming. to top it off...none of their ice cream was on sale! how can that be? then, as i was checking out with my cloth bags, the checker lady seemed not to know how to handle cloth bags. as if she thought that you had to handle them differently than the plastic ones. it took her about 15 minutes to check me out and bag my groceries. i felt bad for the folks behind me. so i give up on meijer on south cedar. i'l go there if i need a few things, but for most of my shopping, i've realized just how much i like kroger. and they always have ice cream on sale. that's a huge bonus. i lika the ice cream. now i have to drive to krog. to retrieve some ice cream!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't think I've ever left Meijers without saying to myself "I hate meijers" before leaving. The last time I was there, I was waiting behind someone who was hogging the entire "area" where the dips were.. and I wanted spinich dip.. and she turned around and rudely told me (who was waiting patiently and quietly mind you) to "GO AROUND". The look on her face and the tone in her voice when she said it to me.. sheesh!
SnoWhite said…
I'm with you on the s. cedar meijer...nothing more needs to be said. I also agree -- Kroger ice cream is the best! :)

Popular Posts