vending machine rage

into my mind, the i don't ask it for much. i think in the 3 years that i've worked here i've asked the local vending machine maybe 5 or 6 times for a treat. that's all... today as a craving hit and my justification of losing the few pounds that i had gained creeped into my mind, the cheeto craving won. as i walked down to the vending machine with my crisp dollar in hand, my anticipation flew high...it will be a nice crunchy and salty snack. and even though it's exuberant price made me cringe, i couldn't deny the craving. so i inserted my dollar and pushed the a and 4 buttons as my mouth began to salivate. and what do i get? do i hear the little metal bracket swivel the yummy package open and see it falls to my open little hands. oh no. see the machine is against me. instead i hear a beep and the machine tells me to make another selection. make another selection? what? there they are. sitting there behind the glass divider. staring at me. tempting me. i don't want another selection. can't you tell i'm pregnant! i want cheetos! so thinking that maybe i just punched in the wrong numbers, i tried again...but of course, to no avail. i tried about 6 more times. ohh...and then i hit the machine. yeah, that helps!

so, i tried the fritos. same answer. then the doritos...yeah, same answer. as you could tell, i am aggravated by this point. defeated, i asked for my change...it wouldn't give it back to me! so now i have to choose something crappy that i don't want and don't need.

in the end, i went to that crappy friggin' machine to get cheetos, but i left with fruit snacks. yes, fruit snacks.

i'm not a happy camper.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol- that happened to me at the machine in charlotte last week. i wanted fritos... i left with animal crackers- bummer! sorry kimmie- maybe next time you'll get the good stuff!
Phoenix Rising said…
i was in charlotte! guess the chips section is on the fritz. blasted thing...i still got my junk on though....i went to cottage inn for lunch. enjoyed myself a little calzone!
Eric Henry said…
don't knock fruit snacks, i love them!
Phoenix Rising said…
i'm not knocking the fruit snacks...they just aren't cheetos..nothing like them...if it makes you happy...they were yummy...just not the salty crunchy goodness i was looking for.
Eric Henry said…
alright, i can agree with that...

Popular Posts