communication

steve and i went to a communication training at riverview on sunday. i feel like i listen fairly well...but not all the time. i listen very well to friends and my husband. i want to be involved in their lives. but there are others who i don't listen to very well. plus, i have an absolutely atrocious memory, so even when i do listen, i forget. it's ridiculous. it makes me feel like an idiot. so we went to learn to communicate better.

in the training we were taught to just let the person talk. try not to interrupt. you should make sure they know you're actively listening, but sometimes, just allowing someone to vent and talk out loud, they will be able to resolve their problems.

as i was typing my first post this morning, i was reminded of this. it made me think about all the posts i've posted...most of the ones where i'm venting or dealing with loss, frustration..whatever, i always feel better after posting it. i'm always finding closure or solutions or just plain comfort after i post.

i guess that's another reason why i blog. i'm asked that a lot. why i blog. i think it's a few things. i've always liked to write. i've always penned down my thoughts. so it was an easy transition. i live a pretty open life, so it's easy for me to do so on the www. i also like to share. i like to spread knowledge and i like to air my view points out there to see what others think. but i now realize there's another reason. blogging, it seems, is a way for me to work out my feelings, thoughts and frustrations through written word, rather than blowing a gasket and causing huge commotion’s. i used to scream and punch and kick walls. now i type.

i think typing is a much better venue.

Comments

Popular Posts