disgusted

the emails are flying today regarding the whole family reunion thing. what a bucket of vomit. what is it with families, that makes it so hard to be a part of them?

the clincher for me was my dad remarking on how much he laughed at my cousin calling his wife an idiot and dumb ass. in fact he said it was the only time he has laughed though this whole discussion.

yes, it's true. my dad supports verbally abusing your wife. and i guess so does my mom. i think i've reached my vomit level of the day. i have to say, i'm currently completely and utterly disgusted.

once again, i'm reminded how lucky i am to have the family
of friends that i have surrounding me. and i'm blessed more than words can describe, to have a husband that loves me and respects me, even when i frustrate him. i can't tell you how humiliated and upset i would be if i ever heard those cruel words fall from my husbands lips...and then to hear that it was funny to my dad.

i'm just speechless right now.

Comments

Mindy Richmond said…
Wow, I can't even imagine if my husband said anything remotely insulting as that to me!
missie said…
ha, we were at that class, too! I am bound to run into you eventually. Have a great time soakin up the rays while we shiver our butts off!

Popular Posts