work sucks

today was extraordinarily difficult for me to keep my mouth shut and not resign immediately. i don't understand people. i don't understand why people lie. i don't understand how so many can be 100 % selfish and never think about another person’s point of view. it just baffles me. it shocks me actually. i mean, i can be selfish, don't get me wrong...but the audacity of some of these people astounds me.

i started the day being told that i couldn't take my lunch until 5 & 1/2 hours into my day. then i was told that because i took lunch the previous day, on my scheduled lunch break no less, that i missed 2 client visits. of course it wasn't mentioned that one of the clients was running over an hour behind and the second client was brought to me while i was simply not sitting at my desk. of course, i guess that's my fault as well...i mean, what was i thinking leaving to pee or get water. how dare i.

then i get a crappy email from a work mate who thought she knew my hours, but as usual she was wrong. so her email was totally out of line and unprofessional, not to mention the fact that this person rarely comes to work and when she does come, she rarely utilizes me. yet the first time in weeks, when she decides to utilize me, and i'm not available, i get the crap. then they decide to change my work hours once again. so now i work mondays from 10-7 and fridays from 8-5. yes, you read correctly, mondays and fridays.

i really, truly don't want to be a complainer here. i really don't. i want to be able to take the crap they throw and let it slide right off, but i just can't. i just feel them keep throwing crap at me and i have no idea why.

i have 3 more months in this pregnancy. 3 more months of work, tops. why are they continually screwing with me? i love my job. i love my clients, but coming to work is getting increasingly more and more difficult. every day i just wait for another ball to drop. it makes me want to quit all the sooner and i may have to. i can't have this stress right now. i don't want to stress with this baby.

i'm just torn. i don't want to be a quitter. i don't want to be a complainer. but i also don't want to be stressed and allow people to take advantage of me. this agency is going down fast. people are mad and abused and i don't think many will take it for much longer. it's really sad seeing a potentially great company, blow it big time. it honestly makes me feel ashamed for being a part of it.

i need to do some soul searching.

Comments

missie said…
Wow- I can relate. That sounds like the banking industry. Treating your most valuable assets like crap seems to be the growing trend in America.
JR Miller said…
seriously, you need to just quit your job...
Anonymous said…
i can't believe they continue to do this to you kim. you're right, you don't need the stress and shouldn't have to deal with it. also- it's not quitting when they force you into it. i don't really think they're trying to, but they aren't acting in good-faith at all. they don't see what a benefit you are and they don't treat anyone around here with much respect anymore. it sucks.

P.S. thinking of you and hoping the right answer comes your way.
Phoenix Rising said…
thanks for the support guys.

Popular Posts