baby kix

steve and i affectionately call our growing child kix, for obvious reasons.  my stomach is a swirl of movement much of the day and night.  the times there's little movement, i start freaking out, because i've become so accustom to the may swirls and jabs and stretches this little one performs on a constant basis.  i feel movement everywhere in my torso.  my sides, right down the middle, my pooper..yes, your read that right...my bowels and super low in my stomach, just above my goods.  i'm not sure if the kids just extra long or simply extra active but i can seriously feel a jab in the ribs and at the same time a kick to the bowels.

as i was relaxing today i was feeling the hard lumps of kix within me.  i can't tell yet if it's a foot or a butt or a head, but it's baby.  when i rub or push in on the small hard lump, i feel my child push back against me or quickly move away.  today out the blue, i realized how blessed i am to feel this.  this is my child.  i can touch my growing child before he's born.  how cool is that?!?  i may not be able to touch their skin for another 3 months, but i feel him.  he responds to me.  if i talk, he moves, if i touch him, he moves.  how amazing!   this little child within me is already bonding with me.  we already know one another.  it makes me cry to think about.  it makes me cry to remember that Jorai and i used to play these games.  i never thought of this until today, it never registered, but my little girl did know me.  she and i had a bond.  that's cool.  i don't know why that never registered until now, but how amazing. 

does God feel like this when He creates life?  does God feel the same joy as i do when i feel this child move within me and think about all that he or she may become?   i think He may.  and how cool is that?!?  when i feel movement it's hard for me not to think about how elizabeth felt when john leaped in her belly when mary arrived pregnant with Jesus. 

this process happens for such a short time in a woman's life.  i want to relish in it.  i want to savor each and every moment.  i want to take in my belly moving and the feel of our child pushing up against my belly.  for i know that later on in life, i'll give anything to feel this one more time.  it's amazing.  simply amazing

Comments

Popular Posts