Jesus glasses

i am so thankful to have a Jesus sticker on the back hatch of my car.  simply having that sticker has stopped me from going berserk at someone time after time, while driving. the last thing i'd want is to act like a fool and make a scene and know that everyone has now looked at my actions and related them to Christ. 

today as i was driving in construction there were people driving up the left hand lane even when they knew it was closed.  they knew they needed to get over, but as the fast paced, non-patient people that we are, people just can't help themselves.  i was really starting to get pissed.  here i was waiting and getting backed up because of all these people trying to drive fast up to the point where they had to get over.  i wanted to ride the middle line so no one could pass me.  i was so close to it.  but every time i looked in my rear view mirror and saw someone closing in on me, i also saw Jesus.

i don't know why it's easier to control myself in my car...i need to find a way to remember that i'm representing Christ in all areas of my life.  in all relationships and in all circumstances.  i think what it is about my car is i'm usually looking our my rear view mirror at the idiot riding me or at the person i just passed because they were driving like a crazy...and what do i see through my rear view mirror?  Jesus.  i see Jesus as i'm looking at the person behind me.  in a way, i see the person through Jesus's eyes...so i let it go.  

i think i need to invent glasses that have Jesus etched into the lenses, so every person i see or talk to, i see through the face of Jesus.  maybe then i wouldn't act like such a jerk and drag His name through the mud.  just an idea...

Comments

Jesus glasses!! You should put a patent on that before someone else does! :)

That's ingenious!

Popular Posts