red winged black bird

i've always loved this bird.

back when i believed in such things, i thought this bird was 'my animal'...my guide so to speak. american indian culture believes animals come into your life at certain times can show you the way...i used to believe in this. my animal, i use to believe was the red winged black bird...one day i was bombarded by one about 5 times in a park. i was with a man that later crushed me...maybe i should have listened to that bird and ran! HA!!

anyway...the red winged black bird, among others, also signify the coming of spring. yesterday morning, on my drive into work, i saw my first of the season. it brought a smile to my face. the thought of spring fills me with joy. i want to be able to throw up the windows and let the fresh air fill this house again. and today, i kept hearing morning doves outside. i know there will be cold and snow in the near future...but i also sense spring in the air. warm breezes and sunshine. and it makes me smile that i'll be able to enjoy it all the more now that i don't have to work in a cavern all day. i can get out and take in the spring. i truly look forward to those days. and shortly, me and my child will be able to take in the warm days of summer together. now that will truly be a blessing.

Comments

Popular Posts