upcoming doctor visits

it looks like me and the babe will be put through a battery of tests in the remaining 11 weeks.  which is good.  they'll all be precautionary, nothing invasive but i'll be spending a lot more time at the dr's office!  here's my schedule:

in 2 weeks i have a non-stress test (nst) which tracks the baby's heart beat and movements and my uterine contractions for about 20-30 minutes.  the cool thing about this is, unless something crazy, like another aneurysm happens, it can predict that the baby will stay healthy for a week-10 days. i'll also have an ultrasound to track the baby's growth and my normal ob appointment
2 weeks after that i have an ob visit and another nst
then i go to weekly appointments of:
nst
nst, ob visit and ultrasound
nst and ob visit
nst and ob appointment
nst, ob visit and ultrasound
nst and ob visit 
nst and ob visit...this will be on my due date..hopefully i'll already have had kix by then!

i had my first nst today.  kix was pissed.  the tech had to push down on the monitor to keep the heartbeat and because of that the kiddo kept kicking and punching the monitor.  it was hilarious.  you could hear the heartbeat for a bit and then you'd just hear this bang from some body part.  i think kix may be a boxer some day! i kept laughing.  the babe does that to me too when i respond to his kicking.  when i feel a movement, i rub or push in on the spot where he just kicked.  most times, he pushes back at me.  i love it.  i feel like we're playing a game.  

the dr. is ok with me not taking the glucose tolerance test.  instead i'm going to have a 2-hr test.  i get my blood drawn before breakfast and then i leave, eat breakfast and come back in 2 hours to see how my body's reacting to the meal.  i like this test much better.  i just can't wrap my mind around downing a whole bunch of sugar in 5 minutes to see how my body reacts to it.  when do i ever down that much sugar?  

so yea, all is well.  kix is as lively as ever.  heart beat in the upper 140's, very active.  i like that.  oh, and i've finally decided that i want to splurge on or make...if the husband ok's it...this
steve and i are off to our 28 week celebratory/remembrance dinner.  we're going to mitchell's fish market!  yum!

Comments

Steph said…
We splurged on something similar: http://happyhangup.com/ Calvin loves it!

Popular Posts