strange symptoms

my feet are starting to fall sleep much more easily.  even if i simply sit with my legs crossed or indian style.  speaking of crossing my legs, that's getting more difficult too.  it's easier crossing my right leg over my left, but even that's hard.  my belly now gets in the way.  

i'm also starting to get leg cramps and restless leg syndrome at night.  so strange.  all these new side effects from pregnancy really surprise me.  i knew my body changed in pregnancy, but i'm continually surprised about new changes.  

i never had these changes with Jorai.  she was so tiny when we lost her.  i never got to the rough part.  which is kinda cool in a way.  the only memories i have of her living within me are happy ones.  my pregnancy was perfect.  no major aches or pains.  i felt normal most of the time.  

this pregnancy is just so different.  i think i even have a stretch mark on my side.  which i'm not happy about.  but i'd take a million stretch marks for a healthy screaming child.  my back hurts and i can't breath and my extremities fall asleep...you name it, i probably feel it.  i waddle because my hips are so out of alignment...but i don't care that much.  i just find them interesting.  and all these strange symptoms, in a way, make me feel even more secure about this pregnancy and the health of this little one.  i know it sounds silly and i know it's not right, but i do feel more secure.  

it's just so strange.  i'm carrying a child in my belly, yet my entire body is affected.  in fact, i don't think there's one body part that's not affected.  i was thinking, maybe my fingers aren't affected, but then i remembered the swelling...i haven't been able to wear my wedding band in months!  so even my piggy's are affected...oy vey!  

but again, bring on the uncomfortableness and stretch marks and swelling and snoring (sorry steve!) and whatever else ya got!  because as long as you come our kicking and screaming, i'll be one happy mama!!

Comments

Popular Posts