contractions n such

i've been contracting a lot over the past few days.  they go away the minute i relax...so i think i'm doing too much, but there's so much to do!  i'm also getting sharp and steady aches and pains in my front and left side of my belly.  i think i've decided that it's the baby pressing really hard against my uterus/belly.  when i touch the place where it hurts, it's all baby pushing out.

i used to love feeling the babe move around within me, and i still do, but now it hurts.  it's not the fun 'oh! feel the babe!!!'  it's 'ugh, that hurt, what are you doing in there!'.  i actually feel worse for the babe than i do for myself.  i can't image how squashed he/she must be.  poor little thing.  i'd be pushing out too!  i think the babe's butt is against my belly, which is a good thing..but it does hurt when the babe decides to stick out their booty!

i feel the time to birth is coming soon.  when i say soon, i mean 1-2 weeks...so don't get too excited.  but i do feel my body preparing.  with the contractions and even the way the babe is moving, i just feel different.  

it makes me worry a bit....am i ready for a baby?  this is the moment i've been dreaming about for 30 years!  and it's right around the bend...i can almost see it and touch it...i just hope i don't break it!

Comments

Katie said…
Oh - SO EXCITED for you! Those feelings at the end aren't exactly fun, but there is such a neat sense of preparation.
I just can't wait to hear about your little one!!
yay! When they don't go away when resting, gimme a jingle! :)

Popular Posts