baby update

well, here we sit on d-day...june 10, 2008...my 'official' due date. and...i'm not in labor. but alas. the babe is still healthy and kicking and germinating and i just need to be patient already!

had a dr's appointment today where i had a non-stress test which was 'reactive'..that's a good thing, a biophysical profile ultrasound where the babe scored a 10/10...another good thing and then a brief talk with my dr.

i really like my dr, but i'm honestly starting to have reservations. anything that happens that either doesn't fit into 'my plans' or my birth plan, she'll say 'see, i told you not to make a birth plan!' she said this today as she walked into my exam room...as if i put an earlier due date on my birth plan...and as if i should have no thought process or wants in my birthing process. it's almost as if she's trying to make me feel bad for wanting certain things. and then today, she all of a sudden and totally out of no where started talking to me about pitocin. i don't even know why she started talking about it...the only thing i can gather is it's her way to start talking about the possibility of induction which would piss me of since i'm 40 weeks today...i wouldn't consider that past due!

when i explained to her how i really don't want pitocin, she started telling me how pitocin doesn't change the progress of labor...that you labor how you labor whether you've been given pitocin or not...which totally doesn't make sense since you're given pitocin to start, progress and accelerate labor. when i had it with Jorai, i had no down time in between my contractions and i've heard that from many, many other moms who have had it. when i was in labor with Jorai, i couldn't even tell i was ready to push because for over an hour i had 1 continuous contraction so i couldn't feel any other pressure other than the contraction. do dr's think patients are that naive? she know's i do research, she was the one who delivered Jorai, so she knows i had pitocin last time...really? you think you can tell me the pitocin doesn't change labor and i'll believe it? wow. seriously? i was shocked and i kinda lost a bit of respect for her...which totally sucks.

she wants me to come back on thursday for another appointment. i really don't know what to do if she pushes me to get induced...will she back down if i tell her no? or will i have to change dr's? can i change dr's? if i'm 2 weeks over or the babe is struggling or i'm struggling, i can understand being induced...but already hinting at it the day i turn 40 weeks, kinda pisses me off.

other than that...all is fine. kix is great and i can wait to meet him/her. still trying natural remedies...i've been contracting on and off all day but as always, nothing rhythmic. we'll see...i think the babe dropped even more last night. all last night and intermittently today i've been having strange, sharp pains in my lower regions that i won't go into...but they're strange...my doc thinks it's from the baby going further into position..i've also lost 2 pounds which i guess is common in women about to give birth.

stay tuned for more updates!

Comments

Katie said…
Oooh - I had those sharp, low pains a LOT the night before I went into labor with Hazel. Here's hoping it means things are getting close for you! I can't wait to hear about Kix's arrival!!
Anonymous said…
prodromal labor.
look it up. i think that this is what you have been experiencing for the last little (although i am sure it doesn't feel little to you) while.
here's to productive labor soon.
can't wait to meet your baby pumpkin!
missie said…
Maybe Kix is waiting for Father's Day, what an awesome gift that would be!
Anonymous said…
i check your page like 50 times a day to see what's going on!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
i do too mandie...

Popular Posts