hypnobabies

i feel asleep again practicing my hypnosis for the birth...i actually stopped practicing because every time i listened to my hypnobabies tape, i fall asleep. i figured that it must not be working since i can't even stay awake through them to practice, so what's the point. the other night i decided to start listening to the birthing day tapes, thinking that maybe it would spark contractions...all it sparked was dreamland. again this afternoon i tried again...fell asleep.

but then it got me thinking...will this happen when i'm in actual labor? while contractions are coming, i wonder if i'll still be able to fall asleep...i wonder...if i can't stay awake and deal with the pressure, maybe i could just sleep through it all...a girl can wish can't she?!?

guess we'll see soon..

Comments

Art said…
If it calms you down enough to put you out you might want to have it around, but I doubt you'll sleep... You wouldn't want to miss this for the world. Have you two tried going for a walk together and praying? The three of you will be in my prayers.
Wendy said…
I totally slept through all my labor (but I had an epidural). It would be awesome if you could!

By the way, I totally understand how you feel about wanting Kix to come out. I felt that way especially after I passed Jakes due date. I wish I had some great advice to help deal with all those feelings, but I don't. --- except a good cry helps every now and then.

Popular Posts