i'm ok now.

steve took me to bangkok house for lunch today to pack in the spicy food. although i ordered mild..you know bangkok.. and i was on fire. my mouth was flaming, i was sweating and my nose was running so much that i though i suddenly had a sinus infection!

i came home and did pelvic rocks and bounced on my birthing ball and now i'm running off to kroger to pick up some pineapple...i've heard that can induce labor as well.

i was thinking about having my membranes stripped, but have decided against it. i've read some research that there's an increase of stillbirth in women who have group b strep. so that scared me away from that.

i have a dr's appointment tomorrow. they're doing another ultrasound to check the babys' size. which kinda scares me. i know this child is already a bigger baby. i just don't want my doctor to start giving me time lines on when i have to birth. i'm afraid that she may start talking about induction or c-section...that would totally bum me out...if i have to, i'll go down that road, but i don't want my dr. to jump on that bandwagon just yet.

i'm getting more comfortable about still being pregnant. i think my problem last week was that i had about 5 people tell me that they thought i was going to deliver last week and i listened. i should never have listened. we wanted the babe to come on june 5...and that didn't happen, so that bummed me out and then as each day passed i just got more and more bummed. tomorrow is my original due date...i need to remember that!

so i've changed my thoughts. this kid is unique and stubborn and knows when to be born. who am i to put time limits on him/her. i need to be patient. i thought i was...but i wasn't...obviously! so, we're still trying to naturally induce me..but i need to stop complaining about nothing happening. i need to be ok with this childs' time line.

although i want to meet our child and get rid of some of this back pain and pelvis pain...i need to be patient. so, i'm going to try to be patient these last few days-weeks. i need to be...because if i'm not...i'm going to be a cranky preggerzilla and i just don't want that!

Comments

Katie said…
I got SO TIRED of people asking about the baby as the due date came... and went...
"Where's the baby??" (Dumb thing to ask a 9-month-plus pregnant woman with a HUGE belly who is trying desperately to patiently await the birth of her child... sarcastic responses are likely).
:)

Popular Posts