jeremiah 1:5

have you ever thought about the scripture in jeremiah that says "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my spokesman to the world." God spoke those words to jeremiah, but do they reflect on all of us? did He really know all of us before we were born? does He really have plans for us all? if so, why does He take babies away before they're born. if He knows them, why create them in the womb only to take them away before they're born?

i know these are questions i'll never hear the answer to until i get to ask the Man Himself...i'm just curious. did he know Jorai? did he know Jayden and Charlie? did he have plans for them? steve likes to think that maybe He takes the babies that He wants to stay pure, untouched by this fallen world. that explanation makes me feel warm and fuzzy. to think that Jorai will never be tainted by this world...but then does that mean that He cares more for Jorai than He does for Asher? i know He doesn't...i'm just thinking out loud...why take one child after creating them perfectly, only to give another? is it just that Jorai and asher have different roles in His ultimate plan? do they simply have different marks to make on this world?

i can't wait to find out just what this scripture means...how did He know me? was i a spirit before He created me in my mother's womb? or did He just have the thought of me...what His plans are for me...

anyway, just wondering if you had any thoughts.

Comments

SnoWhite said…
I like to think He knew the intimate details of my life before I was born - He knew who I would be, what my life would be like, and what He wanted to do to advance His Kingdom through my life... did He know my heart at that point, as it was being formed? I'm not sure, but I'm with you... I can't wait to find out what He really means here.
ShannaKay said…
what i think is awesome is that yes, he has a perfect plan for all of us. jorai was meant to go home to him when she did just as asher was meant to be here on earth with you. whether its to change your lives in a specific way or the lives of others, his plan is perfect :)
Claudia said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I've heard alot about "God's plan" since losing Charlie. I'd be curious to know exactly what that plan is someday, because I had plans too. I know God rules over all, so his plan trumps mine. I'd like to think Charlie was sent here to teach me about unconditional and undying love. Even-though he's not with me physically, he's always in my thoughts, dreams, and in my heart. If God hadn't sent him to me, I'm not sure I'd know such love. Feeling him live within me for eight months made me feel more alive than I had ever been. I think there is a reason our babies were sent here, if only for a short time. We may not know that reason now, but someday we will know. I think when we get to heaven God's plan will be revealed to us.

Popular Posts