when's the party startin?

i know i should be relishing the quiet, alone time with my husband. i know i should enjoy these last few days of just the two of us in this house. i know i should probably enjoy the normalcy that i feel in my unmentionable areas...but i'm not. i know there's a lot of pain waiting for me in the coming days. lots of bodily fluids and stretching in areas that ya really don't want stretched that much...i know that my days and nights will soon, no longer belong to me. i know our life will be turned upside down and our quiet, alone time will be no longer.

but i don't care. i want my baby's birth to come. i'm anxious and excited and just want the day to arrive. as each day dawns i wonder if this will be the day i start to feel different...and as each sun sets, i wonder if i'll wake to labor pangs...it's this waiting game that seems to go and go and go.

i'm carrying so low that i can't sit like a lady any longer. my legs have to be spread far apart because my belly rests on the chair in between! yikers! and today someone thought i hadn't dropped yet! it's quite a site to see!

i've been having strange pangs off and on tonight, so as always my mind goes there...is this it? will i wake to measurable contractions? oye. this happens over and over again and i know i shouldn't be so impatient. i haven't even reached my due date yet! i feel blessed to even have this healthy child within me now. that should be good enough...but it's not. i want this child in my arms. our house has been too silent for the past year. it's time already!

so i go on with my teas and hip positions and pressure points and other things...that could stimulate this birth...maybe it is time to try noels idea of jumping on my neighbor's trampoline...although i think that's just an accident waiting to happen!

come on baby kix! let's get this party started!

Comments

Katie said…
Everyone told me to enjoy the last few days too... but I totally agree with you. Once you get that close to the end - the ONLY thing you want is your baby.
It's amazing how quickly people forget what it feels like to be pregnant or a new mama.
Praying for you, Steve & Kix!

Popular Posts