God in the flesh?

i keep thinking about God. how He made my child. how miraculous getting pregnant, child birth and the actual child is. most times i look at asher and simply see asher. his beauty. his perfect little body. his chunk that's starting to cover his bones. his new smiles and the sparkle in his eyes. but some times, all i see is God. His majesty. His grace. His blessings. His perfectness. this morning, i see God.

right now asher's asleep on his vibe chair. it's one of his favorite places to be. the vibe is always the first 'go to' when he's fussy. i try to always put a thin blanket over him when he's in it to keep him warm and try to get him to sleep longer, but he always has to have his arms out and free. so, he's in the vibe right now with a bare chest, half covered and content as can be.

and i've been looking at him. bare chested, one arm up, as if holding a sign, the other down by his side. his perfect little face, his chubby little arms and his 2 perfect little round nipples. he's perfect. perfectly made. and i just keep thinking about how this perfection could ever just become? without a god that is...how could my child, my perfect child, ever come into the world just from the joining of a crazy egg and a silly swimming tailed thingy? how could he grow so perfectly within me, and come out, just at the right time? how could all his organs work perfectly, just by chance? with out God, how could all this be possible?

i find it amazing how my son, this almost 6 week old child, could bring me closer to God. but he has. in a way, he's a representation of God to me. he's a small piece of God that i can touch. he was made by the Father. he was formed and given by God. how cool is that?!? i see Him in my son. in his perfectness. i'm just now starting to realize why i love him so much. not only is he my son and my buddy, in a way, he's that small piece of God i've been searching for my entire life. that piece that i've wanted to touch, to actually see, to know He's real...touching my son. seeing him smile...i feel as if i'm seeing and feeling, in a small way, God.

i feel so blessed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
this is what i was talking about at your house in your kitchen.

beautiful.
SnoWhite said…
how amazing... and what a blessing to you!

Popular Posts