organized?

i'm one of those people you'd call unorganized-organized. i look organized for the most part, but if you look close, i'm more unorganized when it comes to housework and meal time. i want to be organized. i want to have dinners ready and the house clean and have places for things rather than making new piles every where. so this is my new task. with asher i feel things would be easier if i had more organization in my life. especially when it comes to dinners. dinner time creeps up on me and all of a sudden, steve's home and i have nothing prepared nor nothing at home to prepare...so it's another cheese and cracker night. or rather for steve...chips and salsa.

i want to start sitting down, making simple meal plans for the week, shopping for the ingredients needed and then having things ready for every given day. do any of you do this? if so, does it work? any advice? and if you don't do it...what do you do for dinner time?

also, i'm looking for suggestions for easy but yummy and healthy dinners...i've been experimenting with the crock pot and that seems to help, but i don't have many good recipes...are there any out there?

also, i've never been a person that gets rid of their possessions, when they have a babe, to make room for the baby stuff. we don't have that much stuff anyway...a swing and play mat and vibe chair...but i do what to make more room in my living room, but i don't know how to do it...i think i just want to organize everything. i'm feeling disheveled today i guess.

Comments

Mindy Richmond said…
I have the same desires about planning ahead for dinners. I try, but it's an extra challenge because I'm a working mom. Mike stays home with Luke right now, and I could let him be in charge of meals but then we would be eating sloppy joe's and frozen burritos every day.

When I am able to make the time to sit down and plan the meals and make a list it works great! It is a huge stress reliever to know what meals you could make and have the ingredients on hand, so it's worth the time to sit down and plan it out.

I don't have a lot of great recipes to share, I'm still searching myself, but maybe I'll post about some of my the favorites I've come up with so far.
Anonymous said…
i meal plan. call me for tips if you want.
also, check out www.crockpot365.blogspot.com this lady decided to cook using the crockpot for an entire year. she was even on rachael ray.

easy tip : make your meal plan and then write down your grocery list accordingly. i meal plan for the month (and give myself flexibility) and buy all the dry ingredients and non-parishables in one shot. once a week i get the produce needed (or more if i need to). this way, i am not scrambling around for ideas and i have what i need on hand. you can factor in free or spontaneous nights if you'd like. your meal plan can be as rigid or flexible as you'd like :)
Anonymous said…
Not sure if I want to admit this or not, but I pay for meal plans. I pay about $1/week to get a meal plan that is already made out for me, including a grocery list and list of when meal prep needs to be done (thawing meat or cutting veggies, etc).

Let me know if you'd like to see one of the weekly plans. I have a year's worth and they are great meals.

Another thing we did when Calvin was smaller was Dream Dinners and it was so great. No stress of figuring out what to buy or what to make, just thaw something in the morning, then make it that night. It really helped us through the newborn days.
SnoWhite said…
we should chat... i have a bunch of easy recipes, and i also do a weekly menu and shop with coupons... I'll try to post on this soon.

Popular Posts