quandary

asher slept like crap last night, which means, i got very little sleep...less than 5 hours. he's still sleeping like crap. he'll fall asleep for 5 minutes or so and then jerk awake...i don't know what's going on. i wish i had the luxury of putting him in the vibe chair, but the batteries are dead. i've been pumping the chair with my foot to produce a rocking motion and he's somewhat out right now, but as soon as i stop the pumping, he wakes. the quandary is i haven't showered in 2 days. i need one desperately. i think i'm covered in spit-up, urine, sweat and poo...more about the poo later...plus i need to get to target to get toilet paper (not related to the poo incident). but i also really need sleep. the only time for me to shower is when ash is asleep...the only time for me to sleep is when ash is asleep...should i go without sleep so i can shower and then go to the store? or without a shower, which will in turn mean that i don't venture out into the land of the living to buy t.p.?

decisions, decisions...i think i'm leaning towards a shower just to make myself feel better...but how do i shower and keep this pumping going so he doesn't wake back up? oh, the trials of motherhood...

onto the poop...

so asher hadn't gone poo for 3 days. i was starting to worry, but my friends and sis-in-law told me not to worry, that it's perfectly normal for breastfeeding babes to go a few days to a week without going...so i waited.

yesterday after my le leche league meeting and a bit of shopping i pulled asher out of the car to see that he was all smiles. more than i've ever seem from him after a car ride. i placed him down to go unload the car when i noticed the yellow, green ooze peeking out of his diaper. i then realized that my arm felt a bit cool...the eagle had landed. and let me tell you, 3 days of not pooping creates 1 mega filled diaper. it was everywhere! of course that then required a bath for him...as you know, mine has yet to come...i do have to say, props to bum genius! i remember my nephew exploding out of his diaper and all the way up his back. with the gusseted legs and back, ashers' diaper kept most of the goo inside. only a small amount made it's way to the outside and of course finding my arm. uk.

wish me luck today both in getting sleep and a shower!

cheers

Comments

Prop Asher in a bouncie chair, put him in the bathroom with ya, and take a shower! One thing my mama always told me is that you don't have to wait til the kid is asleep to do the things that are a necessity (like showering). As long as he's content-ish, sneak in a quick shower.. even if that means bringing his little bouncie chair in with ya. ;)

Popular Posts