a cautionary tale

tonight, while trying to appease my extremely fussy son, i took him on a walk. which be glad that you didn't run into me since i look like death with the now mere 4 hours of sleep i've attained today, but who's counting..on said walk a little girl on a bike yelled a happy little hello in my direction. i noticed that this little girl was riding her bike in a wet bathing suit and immediately, my memories were filled with a warm summer night when my family took a bike ride down in the flats of big rapids.

thankfully the flats, which was a neighborhood in the lower area, near the river, was close to the hospital, because not unlike the little girl tonight, i was riding my bike in a wet bathing suit. i was up ahead and was turning my head around to laugh at my family when i fell off. i was 7ish. let's just say the wet lycra and the plastic seat didn't mix well as one butt cheek flew off the seat while the other one was cemented to the plastic banana seat. in medical terms, i game myself an episiotomy. this moment was cemented in my mind. when my father came to lift me up from my sobbing state, he saw the blood and ran home to get the car. they had to numb me before they could stitch me up...there we a lot of shot's involved. it was painful. i remember it well.
my brothers said they heard me screaming from outside, it's a very small hospital!

so yeah, i just want to caution all you parents out there. don't let your young ones wear a wet bathing suit while riding a bike. it's not fun when you fall off.

and sorry for the super personal insight into my anatomy. but i had to caution you.

Comments

Popular Posts