6 1/2 days

that's how long my son has gone without pooping. yes, pooping. apparently, this is fairly common with breastfed babies. he's done this before. once for 3 days and another for 4, but 6 1/2! he seems fine. his belly isn't distended and he's happy as a clam, but wowza! i'd be in a world of hurt!!

i took asher to the doc today because i noticed a rash on his torso on saturday morning that has hung on and actually spread a bit. nothing huge and it doesn't seem to bother him, but since i'm a bit neurotic about his health, i thought it would be good to go in.

he's fine. she thought it might be prickly heat, which is what i suspected too, but it's nice that a doc confirmed it. and she wasn't worried about his lack of pooping either, so that's nice. she also didn't ask us if we wanted to get a vaccine today, thank goodness. i wanted to finish the latest vaccine book i'm reading before talking to her about them.

we have confirmed his weight. he weighted in at 17lbs 8 ozs. no wonder my back kills! my poor husband is giving me back rubs almost every night! and i'm developing so pretty sweet guns. i guess lugging around a 17 pounder all day will do that to ya!

any way, just as i suspected, he's a healthy and happy little boy. i am a very blessed mama. but please pray for a good poop soon...i know, it's a gross prayer...i feel silly asking, but come on! 6 1/2 days!!

Comments

heather j said…
Josiah pooped once a week for a couple of months and I loved it :) I knew he was ok from what other mothers had told me and from what my dr. told me...so I just enjoyed not having to change the poopy ones because all too soon the poopy ones will be the dreaded, really really smelly ones ;)
Katie said…
Okay seriously - he's as big as Hazel now! And she has 4 months on him!! (Although I agree - it's nice to see strong arm muscles... we mamas gotta get SOMETHING out of the deal!!)
:)
I know what it's like to pray for poop - just be ready when it comes... Hazel's saved up for a few days before, and it never fails to impress when it finally makes an appearance!!

Popular Posts