my little frenchy.

asher has a new vise. he licks everything. everything! it's hilarious. it's not a sucking thing, it's a full on lick. a toy, his shirt, my shirt...well, my anything...face, arm, finger...you name it. if you go in to try to give him a kiss, he'll turn his face with his mouth open and his tongue a flailin'! if he can reach his shirt or a toy, it's a continual lick. his tongue goes in and out and in and out, licking over and over again. if i'm holding him or burping him and his face is at my shoulder, my entire shoulder ends up wet when i set him down. it's crazy. it kinda reminds me of those annoying dogs that never stop licking you and you end up a slobbery mess...but this is my son, so he's not annoying and it ends up being a cute trait rather than a frustrating one.

anyway...just wanted to share and tell you that my boy is already trying to french everyone. watch out...if you come too close, you might get more than you really wanted!!

Comments

I'm going to say something mildly inappropriate, but it's all in good fun. :)
He's going to be popular in high school!
hehehe

Babies explore everything with their tongue. I learned in my early childhood classes that their sense of taste is their strongest sense when they're an infant. That's why everything goes in the mouth. That's how they explore their world, through textures and taste! :)
Art said…
Straight out of my Child Psyc...
Reflex present at birth:
Babinski-When the bottom of the baby’s foot is stroked, the toes fan out and then curl
Crawling- When the baby is placed on his stomach and pressure is applied to the soles of his feet, his arms and legs move rhythmically...
People are hilarious.

Popular Posts