sleep update, dreams and hair

asher was exhausted yesterday afternoon, but he didn't want to nap so i put him in his swing. the swinging motion had him down in about 15 min. and he slept until 4...well, let me re-phrase, at 4 i turned off the swing which normally wakes him up. he kinda woke around 4:20ish, i tried to nurse him but he fell back asleep. i sat him up and he still fell asleep. it was actually a bit scary for me because for about 2 hours he wouldn't wake up. but as always he was fine. and of course after a nice calming bath and massage he was wide awake...not my plan, as i was trying to get him down! but after some lullaby renditions of smashing pumpkins, yes, the kid has good music tastes!, he started nodding off, so i nursed him and laid him down in his crib at 9pm. when steve and i went to bed at 10:30ish, he was still sound asleep. i wanted to bring him into bed with us, but i let him stay in his crib.

he woke at 12:45 to nurse! almost 4 hours!!!
he woke again @ 3:45 to nurse...not as long as i hoped but i'm not complaining.
i woke at 6:45 and realized that he wasn't up yet! so i got up to make sure he was breathing, and yes, he was! how cool!!

4 hours, then 3 and another 3. he woke at 6:58, steve changed him, i nursed him and then brought him downstairs. i laid him on his activity mat to change him again and he was having a ball, so i made breakfast and realized shortly after that i noticed that he was still sleepy. so i picked him up and swayed him and at 8:30 he was back down in his crib.

crazy! minus a couple hours of nursing and calming back to sleep, i slept from 11ish-7! i feel like i got a full night's sleep! let's see if this sticks!

i've been having crazy dreams lately...i'm finally getting my hair chopped and dyed on saturday...and i think i'm having a bit of anxiety about it!!! last night i had a dream that i didn't go to ashley, but to some guy. he kinda cut my hair, but didn't style it or dye it. i looked hideous. when i went to complain and ask for my money back, they gave me a few bucks and the rest was in other peoples checks that were made out to the salon. when i complained about that and asked for actual cash, my bad haircut turned into a bad tattoo on my arm...very strange. i hope my hair turns out better than it did in my dream and i really don't want a tattoo on my arm!

i'm excited to get a style that's totally new and add exciting color, which is what i've wanted for awhile but have been too chicken. but i'm also nervous. i don't want a 'mom cut'. i want a hip and cool cut and color. i'm thinking short with all over red/burgundy color and black underneath...if ashley doesn't talk me out of the black again! i think it's time to cover up some of this grey though!!! wowza! Jorai did a number on my last summer. my brother was poking fun at me in july about the grey. it wasn't pleasant. i'm i a hypocrite to tell steve not to cover up his grey but i can? i just think he looks so smokin' hot with salt and pepper hair. now for me...not so much smokin' or hot! but maybe with a little burgundy and black...we'll see!

Comments

Katie said…
sounds like you're making good strides with sleep - keep it up!!
I laughed at your hair dream - my next haircut is scheduled for Tuesday and I still haven't decided if I'm brave enough to go even shorter... but I kinda feel like I have mom hair now, so hopefully the super-short funky cut would help that. Hopefully.
The pic you showed me was great though - I think you'll look smoking hot! :)
Phoenix Rising said…
i think your cut's cute! but i think it would look super rockin' even shorter. you can totally pull off that kind of style. and, you don't have mom hair.

we'll both look smokin' hot!
ShannaKay said…
sleep is good and i'm super glad you've been able to get some!! thinking of you guys often :)

Popular Posts