party lines

this election is scaring me. well, let me be blunt. it's scaring me shitless. i want to scream from the rooftops to get people to vote...but what i really want is for them to vote my way.

see, the majority has not voted my way in the past 2 elections, and well, we see where the country is now...so i'm anxious. and scared. and i just want it all over.

i'm tired of hearing that my friends aren't voting my way. it makes me scared. it's hard for me to keep silent. i mean, we all have our own opinions, our own agendas and wants...but i just see silliness happening on one side of the political race. i wonder others see the same thing on my side.

in my close minded eyes, i can't see how they could see anything on my side other than a wonderfully exciting change. but then again, i'm not in their shoes. i don't feel their passion, i only feel mine.

i see this country being so much better than it is. it's so one sided right now. it's so, well, not me. so judgmental and belittling, so old, rich, white manish, rather than the melting pot of faith, culture and race that we are. i'm tired of being told what to do, or rather telling others what to do. i'm tired of big oil and turning a blind eye to the planet. i'm tired of watching people get sicker and sicker because they don't have health care...the list goes on.

this is the first race where i've been really excited to talk to people about my choice, but i get so sad when i see other people supporting the other guy. why is that? we all get to voice our voice in this election. it's what makes america cool. we can all have our own opinions and we can all be a part of voting someone into office.

but the selfishness in me wants to 'help' my fiends see 'the light'. i want them to see it my way. as silly as that is. as hypocritical as i am. that's what i want.

it makes me somewhat happy not to know where some of my friends party lines run...although i'm curious, maybe it's better this way. because when i hear a friends votin' for the other guy, i have to bow my head in sadness. so i have to continually remember that they are voting for the person they think will do the best job. it's so hard to realize no matter how close you are to someone, they may have a totally different viewpoint on who would run the country better.

it's kinda scary...and kinda cool...

guess we'll all find out in a few days...but selfishly and in my eyes, for the good of the country, i sure hope i get my way...

Comments

Yi said…
Kim:

First off: I feel you, I really do...

Second: it's a cliche, but I have to say it, God is in control. It may not feel like that's the case, especially if "your person" doesn't win, but He knows what's up.

And, maybe God needs our attention (as in this nation). Maybe by allowing the bad things to happen, more people will grow closer to Him.

I am in a Bible Study learning about the Life of Moses right now. I would really rather have conversations in person with you, but since that's not really possible right now, I would suggest to you to read Exodus, you can draw a lot of parallels between what's happening now with what happened then.

Sorry, I kinda got off course, you got more than you bargained for ;)
Mandie Oliver said…
who are you voting for? (you can email me)
Anonymous said…
hey kim!

i know what you mean... i'm so keyed up and ready for today to be done so i can just know what to expect for the next 4 years.

i'm with you in hoping for change. i don't know how people on "the other side" can't share my view. i'm sure they think the same of me :)

thanks for the e-card- so funny!
Anonymous said…
Kim, I'm curious what you think of these two links then. Sorry for the length but I think they are both good reads. I'm not trying to persuade but I honestly want to know what someone who leans your way thinks of these ideas.

http://www.juntosociety.com/patriotism/inytg.html

http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html
Anonymous said…
You should be happy with most of last night's results!

Regardless of party, however, we must all work together to move our state and our country forward....for Asher, my son, and all of our children....

Popular Posts