baby loss in marley and me

i've been thinking about posting this since i returned from marley and me on monday. great movie. i laughed, i cried and i was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a chick flick as people told me it was. what i wasn't pleasantly surprised in was the miscarriage scene. i had no idea it was coming, but as soon as it started my heart ached.

mama's who have lost babies, here's your warning. it's not the typical miscarriage scene. they go in to see the first ultrasound and the nurse can't find the heartbeat, so she leaves to get the doctor. anyone who has had this happen to them, knows these feelings too well and watching it get played out in a movie crushed me. it brought me right back to the exam table i laid on waiting and watching the nurse and then doctor try to find Jorai's heartbeat. it brought me back to the earth crushing sound of 'i'm sorry' falling from the doctor's lips and watching my husbands face change from hope to utter devastation. my heart drops just thinking about it as i type this message.

so anyway, good movie, but know it's coming. if i would have known, i think i would have been ok...maybe it wouldn't have, i don't know. just know the scene sucks and prepare yourself.

Comments

:) thanks for the warning...

Popular Posts