new life

a year ago i trimmed the orchid steve and i received after Jorai's passing. i trimmed it because i had gotten on a orchid care webpage and it told me after the blooms die away to trim the stem down. as soon as i trimmed it, i knew that i had done something wrong. i watched it for a year, slowly dying. it's haunted me. this orchid meant so much to me. it's beauty and delicateness reminded me of my sweet baby girl. i loved seeing the dainty flowers each day. and then when they started to fall, my heart sank because as it's dying petals fell to the ground it mirrored my dying hope of having laughter and cries fill my life.

and then i trimmed it and it was gone. it wasn't growing back, the leaves wilted and my hopes of seeing it's flowers again faded. it was hard for me to look at so i finally put it in our japanese dining room, which we haven't been using. the other day i went in there to see this.



my baby girl's orchid is coming back to life! i can't wait to see it's beautiful flowers again.

Comments

Popular Posts