resolutions vs goals

i didn't make a resolution this year. for me to make a resolution is silly. i never keep them. they usually involve losing weight or becoming more fit and well, it just doesn't happen because i hate working out. thus screwing up both resolutions...so for the past few years i didn't make them.

this year, i've decided to make goals. so, to remind myself and to let other know, to keep me accountable, here are my goals.

  1. get my sorry, lazy, lame arse back in the Word. thank you riv for making that a bit easier with the text...but even more so, get in the word!
  2. make my marriage my second priority. i love you asher, but mama needs to keep Jesus first and papa second in her life. i'll be a better mama if i keep things in check.
  3. stop taking my awesome husband for granted and remember to encourage and lift him up daily.
  4. i've really grown in this goal over the past few years, but i want to learn even more to shut my flappin' trap and simply open my ears and heart.
  5. learn to let go of my prideful, selfish, crappy judgemental self and love people where they're at and who they are.
  6. be comfortable in the life/ministry stage that i'm currently in.
  7. continue to let go of my insecurities, shyness and nervousness around people. not only does this hinder my relationships with people and walk with Christ, but asher will see it and he may mimic this ridiculousness.
  8. become better organized and keep 'a better house'.
  9. save money. use more coupons and do less 'but i want it' shopping.
  10. research the in's and out's of baby food making and make the majority of asher's food.
  11. along with number 10, go to foods for living weekly, to check out their reduced produce to make said food.
  12. get back to selling stuff on the bay and look into selling books/cd's on amazon to pay for vacations and the 'but i want it' stuff.
  13. play with katie (hint, hint, katie) in the garden and then learn to can/dry/freeze stuff.

hmmm...i think that's all for now. i'll keep adding to the list. i'm going to print this off and post it to my door. i hope that doesn't mess up # 8!

Comments

Meg said…
ELFCO (East Lansing Food Co-op) is also a good place to get produce. The key is to buy in season. Also, I think on Thursday mornings, MSU greenhouses sell their produce. I would check there. We can talk more about it later if you want.

Meghan
Phoenix Rising said…
yes! please!!
ShannaKay said…
two very good books: living more with less and more with less cookbook, both by doris janzen longacre. miss you!
Katie said…
Yay for playing in the garden!! I still totally want to do that this year, but definitely need help due to recent "developments" that may hinder my ability to hang out on my hands and knees for ages on end.
Great goals!!
Mindy Richmond said…
I have a great book on making baby food with some fantastic recipes if you want to borrow it. I didn't have the time to try most of them but the ones I did try Luke loved. I made all of Luke's food from day one and I do believe that is one of the reasons he is so healthy and is such a great eater now. The only thing he absolutely won't eat is pickles, but I don't blame him for that - Momma doesn't like them either!

Popular Posts