vitamins

when i was preggo with Jorai my ob-gyn put me on a prenatal. it was ok. but it was a chewable and i never felt great on it. because another doc delivered Jorai and treated us so wonderfully and our ob at the time, never even called us after our loss, we decided to stay with the ob who delivered Jorai. upon getting pregnant with asher our current ob switched my prenatal to a better vitamin plus a dha pill. i loved it. i've felt so great on those vitamins. last week, steve brought home my refill and i was super angry to find a different vitamin in the bag. supposedly, sphn (our insurance co.) no longer covers vitamins that contain dha. which is so silly. i've never understood insurance companies. they seem to never cover preventative care, only medical care after your sick, but i digress.

angered, i called my ob, who told me to stop taking them and go to foods for living and get a prenatal and a dha. being a cheapy cheapsters, instead i got on vitacost and got this and this. the crazy thing is, my current prescription prenatal, which was crap and hardly had anything in it cost $14 for 90 pills. the one i just ordered was $19 for 150 pills and it had tons more nutrients. they haven't come yet, but i'm anxiously waiting. for the past few days i've been taking the crap prescription ones and i hate them, plus i hate knowing that asher isn't getting the dha i want him to have. blasted insurance companies. always trying to save a penny and not give people the best. i'm thinking we won't use prescription vitamins anymore. seems to me that the non-prescription ones are way better.

i also bought some freeze dried organic fruits for asher to start munching on. you can find gerber ones, but for now, i just want to keep asher on organics. they also have some at foods for living and better health, but they're just way over priced. i'm glad i was able to find these to save us some dough! sweet! i love vitacost.


Comments

Mandie Oliver said…
i came across this saying and thought of you...

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my baby on my lap and told her about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold her on your lap and tell her about me?"

Popular Posts